Thursday, 24 February 2011

Windows 7 SP1

So SP1 has become available for download on Windows 7. They announced it on their blog:

and it appeared in my "new updates are available" box.

I started downloading it, but it seemed to hang at 25%, and after about 4 hours I gave up and told it to cancel. It hung for about an hour, so I just powered off my laptop.

I tried again twice, but each time, it did a couple of hours work and then seemed to hang. I've just been out for the day, and I left my computer at home running the update, and after at least 8 hours it still hadn't finished. So again, I've had to cancel it.

I've been looking through all the usual blogs, but I seem to be the only person with this problem. I'll run a really careful backup and everything, and then try again overnight. This is the first big problem I've had with Win 7, and it has impacted on my abililty to get my work done.

Very strange, and very annoying problem.

No comments: